I'm considering taking Lucy out of the house today.
Lyman and the boys will be watching the Yellowshoe Tigers play Georgia in Georgia on TV at 2:30, and I'm not sure she should be exposed to that kind of language. Maybe Big Daddy will come to watch with them. That might tone it down a bit.
(Don't get the wrong idea. They all have excellent manners and seldom descend to profanity. Some situations just overstrain them.)
LSU does not have the team it had last year when it beat Georgia twice, and Georgia carries a grudge.
These boys are serious about their sports. Jason's cellphone rings with the opening chords of "Eye of the Tiger".
1) Too much for Big Daddy at 85. He'll watch it at home in his bed. Jason has been instructed "No kicking anything indoors."
2) Georgia is up 24-0 with six minutes left in the second quarter. It's "colorful" around here.
3) The half closed with Georgia up 24-10. Big Daddy has arrived. Discussion ensues.
4) Michael says "This is the last time I come home for a game. Y'all don't bring luck."
5) 38-10 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Michael's phone rings. "I ain't answering no calls from Baton Rouge. I'm not talking about this game."
6) Nick Saban doesn't seem to feel like an extra million dollars today.
7) 45-16. The kicker missed the extra point.
8) Jason changes the ring on the phone.
9) Duck gumbo for dinner. They'll feel better.